Friday, November 12, 2010

Wiz Khalifa and John Butler Trio

Happy Friday, everyone!  This week has dragged some, but then suddenly it's Friday, so I'm not entirely sure what that means. 

Anyway.  I'm heading up to New York to hang out with Marques this weekend and I couldn't be more excited.  I love going to NYC and always have a great time.  I'm going up to see a show and then back on Sunday to see another one here in Baltimore.  Then Redskins on Monday Night Football, so it's going to be an action packed three days. 

Since I'm going to see two shows, I figured I would put a video up of each act that I'm going to see.  And, they couldn't be two different kinds of shows.

Up first is Wiz Khalifa.  Coming off the success of his mixtape, Kush and Orange Juice, Wiz has been gaining steady buzz and just had his latest song, "Black and Yellow," debut on the Billboard 100.  It is a track that finds Wiz rapping about his hometown Pittsburgh, one of my favorite cities in the country.

Here is his song, "In the Cut."



Up next is a band that I have enjoyed since my sophomore year in college. The John Butler Trio hails from Australia and have been described as an eclectic roots and jam band.  I always hate trying to label an act, especially one as diverse as this, but there ya go.  Once I first heard their song, "Zebra," I was hooked.  I've always wanted to see them play live and I couldn't be more excited than to see them with a lovely girlfriend and two other great friends.

Here is their song, "Ocean," which represents an amazing picture of how talented a band they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fancy a Gander?

Followers