Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Last Minutes with ODEN

I've been sitting on this video for a minute b/c I wasn't sure exactly when or how to put it up. I'm not really even able to watch the entire thing without taking breaks in between because I don't want to cry at work.

Simply put, this is one of the most heart-wrenching and beautiful videos that I have ever had the pleasure to watch. I can't think of a more loving animal than a dog and I can't even grasp the size of the lump that must be crawling out of Jason Wood's throat as he is walking Oden out of the door for the last time. I'm not sure I have the sort of strength to even make a documentary about this. As a dog owner, I find myself thinking about the day when I will have to say goodbye to him...I really can't think of a more difficult period to place myself in ahead of time.

I'm rambling, I know. But, just after having watched this again...I am able to deeply relate to what Jason is going through. Having gone through difficult times, as I'm sure that we all have in this life, there is nothing more comforting than an animal that loves unconditionally. To be able to be so supportive without even knowing so.

Please watch this because it is brilliant, touching, and beautiful.

Last Minutes with ODEN from phos pictures on Vimeo.



From the Original Page:
Thank You Jason Wood for allowing us this moment.
Oden's struggle with cancer finally came to an end.
May he rest in peace and his memory be eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fancy a Gander?

Followers