Friday, November 12, 2010

Australian Rugby Player Caught in the Dog House

I know, I know...terrible pun in the title. However, I really couldn't think of any other way to dive into this ridiculous story.

Joel Monaghan, who plays for the Canberra Raiders in Australia's National Rugby League, the highest level of professional rugby in the world -- a league as popular in parts of Australia as the NFL is in the United States, has recently left the team amidst a lurid sex scandal. Sounds pretty par for the course amongst professional sports, right? Well, partially. Joel here would be akin to Brett Favre if Brett had sent pictures of his dong to a dog. Monaghan was attending an end-of-season house party with up to 30 Canberra players and friends when someone snapped a photo of the star player with a teammate's Labrador dog. The photo was then uploaded to Twitter.

In a statement, Monaghan said, "I accept total responsibility for what happened. It was a moment of madness, and while it was totally out of character, I have to cop the consequences. I'm disappointed that the photo was distributed, but I should never have put myself in that situation. It's something I will have to live with for the rest of my life."


As they tend to do for some reason, not that I'm complaining because they are hilarious, the New Media Animation has produced a video of what allegedly transpired. Similiar to the Tiger Woods video, here is what they feel occured.


Deadspin Update including the infamous picture.

Go with Caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fancy a Gander?

Followers