Friday, August 20, 2010

Hanuman

Hey hey. Sorry to anyone that reads my blog here b/c I have been majorly neglecting it this week. I could come out with some excuses about it being my birthday, I was out two days of work, blah blah blah, but really...it had more to do with neglect than anything. Like a deadbeat dad, I generally have no reason for not following through with the upkeep around here. Hopefully this Friday's music will help make ammends.

Normally, I would title this post from some of the lyrics included within the song. However, this Friday's artist, Rodrigo y Gabriela, have no lyrics in their music. Rather, they let their fingers do the singing.

Rodrigo y Gabriela are a Mexican musical duo who specialize in playing fast, rhythmic acoustic guitars. The duo's members are Rodrigo Sánchez, lead guitar, and Gabriela Quintero, rhythm guitar. The duo met while living in Mexico City, where they both played in a thrash metal band. However, they moved to Europe, dissatisfied with the local music scene, the duo moved to Europe where their careers took off due to various breaks and help from artists, such as Damien Rice.

It is impossible to truly appreciate their musical styling without seeing them perform live. It is difficult to even describe the fever with which Gabriela attacks her guitar, accounting for the percussion section of their band, while Rodrigo picks his guitar apart. I'll stop rambling now. Have a look and a listen to their newest video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fancy a Gander?

Followers