Friday, October 22, 2010

People in Planes - Evil With You

Happy Friday, all. I'm pretty pumped for tonight to get a move on and get here already. Geeze.

Going to see Louis C.K. tonight, which I'm pretty pumped about.

Have you ever had one of those CD's that you have either downloaded or purchased and just not given it its fair shot? Maybe you liked only a song or two and never listened to the rest of the album...ya know, as the artist intended. Well, that's exactly what happened to me with the Welsh band, People in Planes, and their latest disc, Beyond the Horizon.

One of the (few) perks of my job is my ability to listen to anything I want to, pretty much all day. I only have so many songs on my iPhone, so at some point or another, I tend to get to everything on there. I've had People in Planes on here forever b/c I love their songs "Last Man Standing" and "If You Talk Too Much (My Head Will Explode)," which is an older one, but still fantastic (Click the hyper links to listen). So, eventually, as I tend to click random songs, I came across their song "Evil With You" and was immediately pulled in. Possibly transfixed, even.

This song doesn't have an official video like the other two that I linked above. But, in my opinion, that's how I tend to distinguish a very solid album, as opposed to a bunch of songs thrown on a disc. The whole Beyond the Horizon disc is fantastic and very easy to listen to, but that's not to say that it isn't complex and wonderful. If you like their sound, please do some exploring and listen some more.

Have a great weekend.



*Bonus Trivia: The current name is derived from the band's obsession with travelling (flying in particular - this is also present in song titles and lyrics of their début album as Tetra Splendour)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fancy a Gander?

Followers