Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ghosts in the Hallow

Jim Lo Scalzo is a new artist that I just discovered...well, about five minutes ago. For a first impression, consider me blown away.

A little background on Mr. Lo Scalzo, from Blue Eyes Magazine: "Jim Lo Scalzo, a Washington, D.C. native, has been a staff photographer with U.S. News & World Report since 1994. He has had assignments in more than sixty countries and won numerous awards in the Pictures of the Year International and White House News Photographers' Association photo competitions. His memoir, Evidence of my Existence, was published in October 2007 by Ohio University Press."

This video posted below is one of the most beautiful videos that I have ever had the pleasure of viewing. I went to college in Western PA, right outside of Pittsburgh, which is a place littered with relics of coal production. The remnants of an entire industry that flourished and now ceases to exist is so interesting and eery to me. I view this video as a look into a life that I don't know and don't fully understand. It's fascinating to take a peek into a life unknown while looking at what has been left behind.


Ghosts in the Hollow from Jim Lo Scalzo on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fancy a Gander?

Followers